Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tennessee!!

With the girls away at the beach, I decided to take my own little respite away to Tennessee. It is truly one of my favorite places to go. It has been close to a year since I have seen Meredith, but we can just pick up right where we left off. I was so excited to see her and her precious boys! I can't handle the amount of cuteness that is in that house.

When I left Lubbock it was literally 110 degrees. When I got to Mere's house it was 70 degrees and RAINING. We stayed on her porch drinking coffee for about 4 hours. It truly was a gift from the Lord in many ways.

When I got in the car at the airport this little stinker gave me this look. He was probably thinking, "who are you, and why are you interrupting my Elmo video?"


Not this one though! He was all smiles! 


This was before church Sunday morning. They go to a great church and I got to meet some of Mere's sweet friends. 


Later that afternoon we ventured out on the lake in the kayaks.  When we first started rowing I said, "I don't remember it being this easy last year!" Then about 3 minutes later Mere goes, "Do you think we should call Ash and have him pull us in with the jet ski?" haha...we are so old. Don't worry though, we made it all by ourselves. Dodging boats all the way. That's just how we roll. Or row. oh man, i'm tired. 


For Father's Day Meredith and Ashley's parents came out to their house for dinner. We took a boat ride to the restaurant. It was a great night for it! 


if I couldn't spend Father's Day with my own Daddy...this was a pretty good back up!


beautiful!


charlie was loving helping his daddy drive the boat!



just slightly wind blown. makes the head look a little disproportionate. 


beautiful trees, water, AND a sunset? i'm moving. 



the amount of food that we inhaled will not be discussed. but they spoiled me big time with fabulous restaurants! this was at stoney river. 

oh yes we did. and they even brought out shot glasses of milk. how fun is that? 


can't handle this.


or this.


before i left for the airport i got to spend some time with this special friend! so fun to see shanta. another great acu friend who blesses me so much!



the last little munchkin i got to squeeze before heading all the way home to Lubbock. he is getting so big! here he is in his new little 4 wheeler. 


i had the greatest 4 days. there was just the perfect amount of laughter, peace, serenity, food, babies, food, coffee, rain, laughter, and family.

(i realize my capitalization in this post is not all that consistent. it's okay.)

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so cute!!!!! love love love!!! and i loved every second of you being here! I know it helped you,,,but you truly blessed us by coming here! Lots of good laughs, food, and fun talks:)))) love you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete