Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy (real) Birthday!

I woke up this morning with this image in my head. 


A couple of weeks ago I finished reading the book Heaven is For Real. What I thought about that book deserves it's own post - but the author references this picture of Jesus. It was drawn by a 12 year old girl. Pretty unreal, right? I love it. It's just peaceful. Today is kind of a hard day for me, as I won't get to see my sweet 8 year old on her birthday. She is away having a fun vacation at the beach with her Daddy and his family. I know she is having a blast, but not being able to see her today is hard for this Momma! So, I'm thankful that the Lord put this picture on my heart today. 

A friend of mine also put this verse up on Facebook this week. I can honestly say that I don't think I had ever read it before. It's perfect though. My new favorite. 

"The Lord will FIGHT for you. You need only be STILL." Exodus 14:14

Isn't that great? So, happy REAL birthday sweet girl! I love you so, so much!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really wanting to read that book...I've heard it is fantastic. Natalie has read my sister's copy and loved it! Crazy that my 8 year old has read it and I haven't! I must get it soon!

    And Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear your voice last week! I absolutely love your new blog and cannot get enough of your pics with those 3 beautiful girls. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete