Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday, Kaitlyn!



One of Kaitlyn's very favorite things to do is to stay in a hotel. Which is why, for the second time, she chose to just invite a few friends to spend the night with her at the Holiday Inn Express for her birthday. Because of the limited amount of friends she was allowed to invite, and the busyness of the summer, it was just her and 3 other sweet girls. (Which was fine with me!) I went up and decorated her room before she got. Other than the part where I fell off the chair (forgot it had wheels) trying to hang streamers, I would say it was a success.






The girls swam, and swam, and swam some more. She had asked for a new bike, so I decided to have my dad put it up in the hotel room while the girls were swimming. When we all went upstairs for pizza and presents, I thought for sure she would notice it right away. I mean, hotel rooms aren't THAT big. She had no idea it was there the entire time they ate dinner. Her friends did though, but I told them to keep it quiet...I was enjoying Kaitlyn being completely oblivious. When she finally noticed it she just said, "Mom, why did you bring your bike up here?" Really? It's your bike sweet girl. Sweet, sweet Kaitlyn.

i'm really horrible at taking pictures. oh well....


She asked for a red velvet cake this year. i went all out and went to the united bakery.




crazies.


They ended up swimming until 11:30, then went right up to the room and went to sleep! Easiest sleepover ever!

Kaitlyn,

I know I say it every year, but I can't believe that you're eight! You amaze me every single day. You are such a brave, strong, independent, funny, smart girl. I am so proud of you  - SO proud to be your Mom. You have had to deal with so many transitions this year, and you have handled them so well. I learn a lot from you sweet girl. You are so much fun to hang out with. I love our bike rides, and dinners and movies with just the two of us. I love that you share my love for Asian food and frozen yogurt! I love that you are not afraid to be yourself...no matter where you are or who you are with. I pray with all of my heart that this 9th year of your life is full of joy, laughter and peace. I pray that you continue to make friends - you just bless everyone that you are around. I pray that you always keep Jesus in your heart. He  LOVES being a part of your life!

Love you so much,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good party. I love red velvet cake. Happy birthday Kaitlyn!!

    ReplyDelete